Here are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that a Visitor may ask and our answers. We want our visitors to know how to easily drive to our location, feel confident in where to park, where to enter the buildings, and even how does the membership dress. Our goal is for you to know where you are taking your family before you get here and where to go once you arrive.
Q: When and where are your services? See our Site Plan for the location of our buildings.
- Sunday School – Every Sunday from 9 am to 9:45 am in the Christian Life Center (CLC).
- Worship Service – Every Sunday from 10 am to 11 am in the Sanctuary next to the CLC.
- Prayer and Bible Study – Every Wednesday from 6 pm to 7 pm in the Sanctuary.
Note – Our services and study periods are concluded on time. We will be respectful of the time you share with us and not interfere with other plans you may have.
Q: Where is Union Church located? A: We are located at 5251 Grand Bay Wilmer Road South. That is at the intersection of Grand Bay Wilmer Road South and Gaston Loop Road, 7.6 miles north of Grand Bay, Alabama, and 6.3 miles north of IH10.
Q: How do I get there? Click here for a map as well as directions for those who do not like maps.
Q: Where do I park? The short answer is anywhere others are parking. The only designated parking spaces are those with the Handicap designated signage. For more details and a link to our site map showing the parking go here.
Q: What do I do when I enter the Sanctuary? Look for our greeter Gabe and he will help you. You are his top priority.
Q: How do members typically dress for the Sunday worship service? A: Our members dress modestly in blue jeans, sport coats, dresses, wool-blend suits, linen suits, flannel shirts, khaki pants, tennis shoes, high-heel shoes, loafers, with or without socks, work shoes, cowboy boots, etc. Dress how you are comfortable and come enjoy yourself.
Q: What provisions are there for the deaf and hard of hearing? A: Mrs. Amy Matthews provides signing for the deaf and hard of hearing during our Sunday Worship Services. She can also be easily seen in our LIVE broadcasts. Amy is ASL Certified.
Q: What are the Church’s provisions for security? Certain members are designated as the Security Committee and maintain an attitude of situational awareness during all events. We maintain a good relationship with the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office.
Q: Where are the Restrooms?
- In the Sanctuary – The easiest one to find for a visitor to the Sanctuary is immediately to the right as you enter the double front doors. If you are in the sanctuary, then go to the back as if you were leaving, and when you go through the double doors go left through an opening and the women’s restroom is to the left and the men’s to the right. The signs on the doors are easy to see from the foyer.
- In the Christian Life Center – There are restrooms on the first and second floors that are easily found. On the first floor, when you walk in from the parking lot through the double-glass doors, continue ahead through the next double doors into the large room with the high ceiling. As soon as you enter that room turn right and the restrooms and water fountain are the first doors you quickly reach.
- Note – There are other restrooms we will be glad to show you but the ones cited here are the easiest for a new visitor to find and nearest to where most things happen.
Q: Is Union Baptist Church a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and the Mobile Baptist Association? A: Yes.