The plans for the current brick building had been prepared and approved when the hurricane demolished the frame building. On May 20, 1927, the membership demolished what remained on the framework. On May 30 construction began on the current red brick building.
Even though the new modern structure was equipped with a Delco Lighting System its foundation included hand-hewn beams from the original log building as those beans were used in the frame building and then reused in this brick building.
On October 2, 1927, the new building “was dedicated to the lord’s service.” In this modern era of cell phones and websites, the 90+ year-old building still stands despite many destructive hurricanes.
The future “storms” for the members and building to withstand would be a different type. One year later the stock market crashed and the Great Depression was beginning.